Since a lot of things happened over the last 10 days, in pure MBA style, i am gonna jot down stuff in bullet points ;)
- Yours truly participated in the prelims of the Chicago GSB National IPO challenge and learnt how to do a really bad DCF valuation of a firm. Nevertheless, it was a great learning experience in financial modeling and team dynamics!
- The 30 days of fasting ended and i celebrated Ramadan inside a study room inside Harper Center of Chicago GSB. Ramadan and IPO challenge prelims were on the same day!!!
- Joined GSB-DSAC and have been handling a barrage of emails from them. If anyone is attending the GSB live event this Friday (or visiting GSB any other time), leave a note in the comments section and I'll be glad to meet ya
- Attended numerous Lunch 'n' Learns and enjoyed free (and useful) information from bank representatives, while munching free food
- Went out with my cohort (name: Phoenix) to a nice bar
- Attended IBG Bar night and partied with fellow wannabe bankers. Also, met second years and got myself overloaded with info about their internship experiences
- Did i say i went to both of these on the same night!!!
- Met a new bunch of first and second years at a "Cold Call Dinner" organized by the GSB GBC.
- Partied out at my first proper TNDC
- Again, did i say i went to both of these on the same night!!!!!!
- Delivered a speech about "pick up lines" in my LEAD class
- Attended a Mocktail (that simulates the recruiting cocktail events) session held by Career Services.
- Had a nice quite dinner with my squad mates
- Spoke about my Brazil Random walk in LEAD related ACT seminar
- Played my first soccer game for GSB - a practice game with UChicago law school
- Slogged on my resume, after review comments from many people
Things to look forward to:
- Multiple assignments due this week and the next
- Midterms in a week's time
- First school tour for DSAC on Wednesday morning (again, anyone coming on Wednesday???)
- Resume review with Career Advisor
- First GSB live session on Friday (again, ???)
- Soccer game at Kellogg on Saturday (i might drop out coz of the midterms)
- Official beginning of recruitment on Monday (read: Life goes OUT OF CONTROL)
Till the next post...